FALL JUNIOR AND SENIOR RECITAL
Performance Date – Saturday, December 9th, 2017
Performance Time – 3:00PM – 4:45PM. (with a 15 minute intermission) Doors open at 2:30PM
Location – Adult High School, 300 Rochester St.
Cost – $15 each. BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE
Who’s NOT performing: Acro classes, technique classes, tot & teddies, pre-primary ballet & up
All dancers in classes ages 5 and over (EXCLUDING any pre-ballet/pre-jazz/pre-hip hop) drop off is at 11AM. There is NO parking at the Adult High School for parents until 2PM, so please arrange a drop off or to carpool.
All Preschool dance classes (pre-ballet/pre-jazz/pre-hip hop/ tots and tumbling) will have a dress rehearsal beginning at 2:15PM. Please arrive at 2PM.
Warmup will begin at 11:30AM, and we will run the dress rehearsal without any preschool dancers. Dress rehearsal should end by 1:30PM, at which time dancers can have a lunch break.
Remember to pack the following items:
– A clean, nut-free snack/lunch and a water bottle. A change of clothes or something to wear over your costume while eating is also strongly recommended.
– Your costumes! As well as any regular dance wear that your dancer may need (shoes, shorts, pants, etc). If you are unsure what your dancer needs, you may refer to the costume chart that will be emailed following photo week when your dancer has received their costume.
– We strongly encourage dancers to arrive with their hair in the appropriate hairstyle. If this is not possible, please ensure that they are equipped with the appropriate hair supplies in order for us to assist them (brush/comb, hair elastics, hair net, hair pins). We ask that you leave all hairspray at home, as we have several students with severe asthma that is triggered by it.
When You Arrive:
– Dancers ages 10 and above – Find your dressing room, sign-in on your class sheet and change into your costume. Then head to the auditorium to find the rest of your class.
- Dancers 9 and under – Find your class volunteer(s) in the auditorium and sign-in. If not already changed, put costume on for stage rehearsal and then deposit dance bags/lunch boxes in your class bin.
During the Performance:
Dancers will have assigned seating at the back of the auditorium so that they can enjoy the show once they have finished performing. After each preschool dancer has performed, the class volunteer will take the dancers to sit and watch the show from the back. At intermission, parents are free to sign out their dancers from the volunteers so that they can sit with family. To avoid confusion, please ensure that you are reserving a seat for your dancer next to you through the online ticketing system.
Before You Leave:
– Clean up your dressing room space and place any garbage/recycling into the appropriate bin!
– Dancers 9 and under – collect belongings from class bin!
- Sign-out on your class sheet or with your volunteer!
KV merchandise, snacks, roses and teddy bears will be available for purchase at the show!