The Wizard of Oz – Performance Information
Date – Sunday, June 10th, 2018
Performance Times – 11:30am and 4:30pm.
Location – Kailash Mital Theatre, Carleton University
Cost – $15 per ticket. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased here!
If you wish to attend both performances, you will require a separate ticket for each show. This fee is to assist us in covering the cost of the auditorium and staffing for the day. If your dancer is under the age of 8, then they will be seated with their class in the audience to watch the performance. All other dancers are required to remain backstage, but will have an opportunity to watch during dress rehearsal!
– Arrive at 8:30am for Dress Rehearsal at 9:00am
– Pre-Primary Ballet classes arrive at 10:15am for a stage rehearsal at 10:30am
– Arrive at 1:30pm for Dress Rehearsal at 2:00pm
– Pre-Primary and Primary ballet classes arrive at 3:15pm for stage rehearsal at 3:30pm
– Arrive at 8:30 for Dress Rehearsal #1, followed by Performance #1
– After Performance #1, dancers have a lunch break from approx. 12:45-1:45pm
– Dancers must be back in the theatre and ready for Dress Rehearsal #2 by 1:45pm.
Remember to pack the following items:
– A clean, nut-free snack/lunch and a water bottle. A change of clothes or something to wear over your costume while eating is also strongly recommended.
– Your costumes! As well as any regular dance wear that your dancer may need (shoes, leotard, tights etc). If you are unsure what your dancer needs, you may refer to the costume chart that will be sent following photo week.
– We strongly encourage dancers to arrive with their hair in the appropriate hairstyle. If this is not possible, please ensure that they are equipped with the appropriate hair supplies in order for us to assist them (brush/comb, hair elastics, hair net, hair pins). We ask that you leave all hairspray at home, as we have several students with severe asthma that is triggered by it.
– We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please leave all valuables at home.
When You Arrive:
– Dancers in Pre-Primary and Primary – Find your class volunteer(s) in the auditorium and sign-in. If not already changed, put costume on for stage rehearsal and then deposit dance bags/lunch boxes in your class bin.
– Dancers in Grade 1/2 Ballet – Find your class volunteer(s) in the auditorium and sign-in. Once the entire class has arrived, they will escort you to your dressing room to put away your bags and change.
– Dancers in Grade 3 & above – Find your dressing room, sign-in on your class sheet and change into your costume. Then head to the auditorium to find the rest of your class.
Before You Leave:
– Clean up your dressing room space and place any garbage/recycling into the appropriate bin!
– Dancers in Pre-Primary and Primary – collect belongings from class bin!
– Sign-out on your class sheet or with your volunteer!