Date: Saturday, June 17th
Location: Carleton University, Southam Hall (Kailash Mital Theatre)
– Colonel By Drive is closed this Saturday from 5:30am-11:30am for a triathlon. You will only be able to enter the Carleton Campus from Bronson Avenue. There is also construction occurring on campus in the areas surrounding the theatre.
Carleton Driving Instructions
Enter campus from Bronson. Take second left onto Campus Drive, O-train will be on your left. Turn right onto Library Drive. Follow Library to Parking Lot 1 (which is parking for theatre and will be on your left)
There will be signs for underground parking. Red signs pointing towards theatre as well as staff member to direct.
– Please allow yourself adequate time to negotiate both of these disruptions so that your dancer still arrives on schedule!
Schedule of Events
– You dancer is participating in either the 11:30am performance and/or the 4:30pm performance of Mary Poppins.
– Your dancer should arrive at 8:30am for dress rehearsal beginning at 9:00am IF THEY ARE IN THE MORNING PERFORMANCE
– Your dancer should arrive at 1:30pm for dress rehearsal beginning 2:00pm at IF THEY ARE IN THE AFTERNOON PERFORMANCE
– For dancers with numbers in both performances (pointe or character), you may leave following the first performance but must be back and in costume by 2:00pm!
– Dancers in Pre-Ballet (Saturday) and Pre-Primary (Sunday), should arrive at 10:15am for stage rehearsal.
– Dancers in Pre-Ballet (Sunday), Pre-Primary (Wednesday), and Primary should arrive at 3:15pm for stage rehearsal.
When You Arrive:
– Dancers in Grade 3 & above – Find your dressing room, sign-in on your class sheet and change into your costume. Then head to the auditorium to find the rest of your class.
– Dancers in Grade 2 – Find your dressing room, sign-in with your volunteer and change into your costume. Once the entire class has arrived, head to the auditorium for dress rehearsal.
– Dancers in Pre-Ballet, Pre-Primary & Primary – Find your class volunteer(s) in the auditorium and sign-in. If not already changed, put costume on for stage rehearsal and then deposit dance bags/lunch boxes in your class bin.
During dress rehearsal
– Dancers will be able to watch from the audience until three numbers prior to their own. At this time, a runner or their assistant will escort them backstage.
– Following the dress rehearsal, dancers will have time to eat a snack/lunch before the performance. There will not be enough time for them to leave the theatre, so please ensure that they come with a clean, nut-free lunch and plenty of water!
– The show will begin at 11:30am AND 4:30pm! Estimated running time is an hour and fifteen minutes. During the show, dancers will remain backstage in their dressing rooms unless previous arrangements have been made.
– Following the show, we ask that dancers clean out their dressing room space, and sign out on their class list before leaving.
Please remember to bring the following items to the show:
– Your costumes! As well as any regular dance wear that you child may need (shoes, leotard, tights etc). If you are unsure what your dancer needs, please refer to the costume chart attached to this e-mail.
– Something to wear over your costume while eating.
– A clean, nut-free lunch and snacks, as well as a water bottle.
– We strongly encourage dancers to arrive with their hair in the appropriate hairstyle. If this is not possible, please ensure that they are equipped with the appropriate hair supplies in order for us to assist them (brush/comb, hair elastics, hair net, hair pins). We ask that you leave all hairspray at home, as we have several students with severe asthma who are triggered by it.
– We also ask that you leave any unnecessary or expensive electronics at home where you know they will be safe! If your dancer chooses to bring these items, we cannot be responsible for their loss. Dancers will be busy enough that they do not need to worry about bringing things to entertain themselves with.
Tickets can be purchased online up until 6:00PM on Friday, June 16th!
IMPORTANT! HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS: Select show time. Select seats from the seating chart. If you wish to buy tickets to another show, then simply select the show time and then seats. Review the cart and then checkout. Immediately after checking out, you will get a receipt. You can download and print tickets from there. You will also be emailed a receipt.
TICKETS: Tickets will go on sale beginning May 16 at 11:30am, Tickets are $15 per person and includes a recording of the show through a link online. You do not have to purchase a ticket for your dancer if they are performing. Tickets are assigned seating. Tickets are non-refundable
Remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door for $20, CASH ONLY!
Lost the email with important info? Maybe we can help here!